I‘m addicted to chili, earthy, sweet, smoked, and burning hot. I love them all.
If you haven’t tasted this sweet little hottie — you are in for a treat!
Not to be confused with a cherry pepper that you find in most Italian or Spanish grocery stores, the peppadew is a native to South Africa and has a very unique flavor when pickled — a taste that brings sweet and sour sauces and even barbeque to mind.
5 Great Ways to Pick Peppadews for Your Meals
- Thinly sliced, you can add them to a cold spring or summer salad from macaroni to potato — peppadews will add a little heat, but a lot of flavor.
- Substitute peppadews for any recipe that calls for pickled cherry peppers.
- Sprinkle sliced peppadews on your fresh delivery pizza
- Thinly slice and toss with sauteed broccoli or spinach
- Finely chop and add to meatball or meatloaf mixtures for extra zing