I’m always on the hunt to find ways to use leftovers. This is the prefect way to treat your family to a frozen dessert and pump up the servings of whole grains at the same time.
Makes 3 cups, serves 6
- Serves 6
- 1/2 cup cooked short grain brown rice
- 1 cup reduced fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup non-fat, skim milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden flax meal
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until the rice begins to break apart. Pour into an air-tight, freezable container. Freeze for 3 to 4 hours or until firm.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (1/2 cup): 116 calories. 4 g protein, 21 g carbohydrates, 2 g fat (0.5 g saturated), 3 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 55 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 3