Summer BBQ, here we come! Orange is the perfect summer flavor and the Vitamin C protects your skin, along with ample sun screen, while you are grilling in the sun.
The spicy dipping mayo will quickly become your new favorite condiment and left-overs make a killer sandwich spread.
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shell on
- 2 medium oranges, one zested and juiced, the other thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 7-ounce can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- With a sharp pairing knife, slit the backs of the shrimp and remove the vein - but leave the shell on. Rinse the shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel. In a large bowl, place the shrimp, orange zest, juice, orange slices, oil, and wine. Remove one of the chipotle chilies from the can and mince. Add it to the bowl along with 2 tablespoons of the adobo sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- In a blender or mini-chopper, place the mayonnaise, lime zest and juice, one chipotle chili, 2 teaspoons of the adobo sauce, garlic, and sugar. Blend until smooth. On a preheated stovetop grill or outdoor grill, distribute the shrimp and orange slices.
- Grill the shrimp until they are no longer translucent in the center, about 3-4 minutes total. Remove the shrimp to a plate and continue to grill the orange slices until the rind has softened (about 2 minutes more). Serve the shrimp on top of the orange slices with the spicy mayonnaise. Set out a small bowl for the shrimp shells.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (1/4 pound shrimp plus 2 tablespoons mayo): 265 calories, 24 g protein, 20 g carbohydrates, 7 g fat (0 g saturated), 172 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 923 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 6