These are a fast and simple treat, adapted from a recipe my granny used to make.
Fun and fast, it’s the ideal recipe to make for an impromptu party. Need a cool kid’s project? Your little ones will love to make these for the holidays or an easy gift for their favorite teacher.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
- 1 14-ounce box low-fat graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup bittersweet morsels
- Coat two large baking trays with sides with non-stick spray or line with aluminum foil. Lay the grahams on the trays in a single layer. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Combine brown sugar and butter, bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cook 2 to 3 minutes until mixture thickens. Drizzle sugar mixture over both trays of grahams. Press the nuts on top of the grahams. Bake 5 to 7 minutes until the sugar mixture becomes fragrant and begins to harden.
- Place the morsels in a small zipper bag. Fill a large bowl with warm water (around 120° F) and submerge the bag, 2 to 3 minutes to melt the morsels. When the morsels are melted, remove the bag from the water and clip the end of the bag with a scissor. Drizzle chocolate over the grahams. Cool the cookies on the trays before removing. Cut or break into triangles. Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to one week.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (1 cookie): 63 calories, 1 g protein, 9 g carbohydrates, 2 g fat (0 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 56 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 2
Make It A Snack: Serve with Hot Spiced Cocoa.