Citrus works as a natural appetite suppressor and goes great with this crunchy, quick to make chicken cutlet coated with heart healthy almonds.
Marinate the chicken overnight in fresh lemon juice to get the best results. Find out more about the health benefits of grapefruit.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 4 large lemons)
- 2 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- 1/2 medium pink grapefruit, sectioned, remaining half squeezed
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 1 orange, sectioned
- non-fat cooking spray
- In a medium bowl or zipper lock bag, place the chicken, lemon juice, lemon extract and soak covered for 1 hour or overnight.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the grapefruit juice, half the olive oil, honey, mustard, half the salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- On a plate or piece of wax paper, combine the lemon zest, almonds, breadcrumbs, and sesame seeds. Place the egg white in a shallow bowl. Remove the chicken from the marinade and sprinkle with remaining salt. Dip in egg white and press into the breadcrumb mixture to coat. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil. When the olive oil is hot, add the cutlets, cooking 4-5 minutes per side until the breading is golden brown and the chicken in no longer pink inside.
- Divide the spinach among 4 plates and toss with orange and grapefruit sections. Drizzle with dressing and top with chicken cutlets.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (1 chicken breast plus 2 cups salad): 493 calories. 38 g protein, 55 g carbohydrates, 18 g fat (2 g saturated), 65 mg cholesterol, 11 g fiber, 860 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 11