Soup fights hunger because it’s filling and low in calories.
This is the perfect summer/spring soup made in a blender. Fresh and light, gazpacho can be packed for lunch in a thermos, for an impromptu picnic or even for a day on the beach. Add cooked shrimp to round it out for a fast, late-night dinner when you don’t have time to cook.
- 2 pounds tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup chopped green or red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled, cut into half
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- pinch of cayenne
- Shrimp Topping
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- non-fat cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Combine all ingredients for the gazpacho in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and refrigerate until serving.
- For the optional add-in, sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over high heat or heat a grill over high. Cook shrimp 3-4 minutes per side until no longer translucent in the center. Top gazpacho with shrimp and cilantro, serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (2 cups gazpacho with 1/4 cup shrimp): 170 calories, 11 g protein, 14 g carbohydrates, 8g fat (0 g saturated), 71 s mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 625 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 4
Wine Pairing: Rose or Pinot Blanc