Everyone loves grilled cheese. This high protein version has less fat and a serving of veggies.
Serve with a wedge of apple and you’ve got the four food groups.
Makes 4 sandwiches or 16 appetizer-size sandwiches
- 8 slices thinly sliced, whole-wheat bread
- 4 slices low sodium turkey deli meat
- 2 cups arugula or baby spinach leaves
- 4 ounces thinly sliced part skim mozzarella
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- non-stick cooking spray
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the honey mustard on 4 slices of bread. Top those slices with turkey, arugula or spinach, then cheese. Press the remaining slices of bread on top of the cheese.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium heat. Add half the butter. When the butter is melted transfer the sandwiches to a skillet and cook for 2 to 4 minutes on one side until golden. Spread the top of the sandwiches with the remaining butter and flip. Cook and additional 2 to 4 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the filling is hot. Transfer the sandwiches to a cutting board and cut in half or into quarters. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (1 sandwich): 406 calories. 21 g protein, 26 g carbohydrates, 18 g fat (10 g saturated), 28 mg cholesterol, 6 g fiber, 652 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 9