Shallots are a sweet and mild, the perfect substitution for garlic or onions.
This dressing keeps well over night in an air-tight container store in the fridge, perfect for entertaining or a fast week night meal when you add a left over piece of grilled chicken.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound green beans or haricots verts (French green beans), ends trimmed
- 4 shallots, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or mint leaves, thinly sliced
- Warm a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, green beans, and shallots. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, until the green beans and shallots start to brown. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook 1 to 2 minutes more, until the green beans are fork tender. Sprinkle with the basil or mint and serve immediately.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (2 cups): 128 calories, 1 g protein, 3 g carbohydrates, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 g cholesterol, 4 g fiber, 307 g sodium
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 3