Meatloaf isn’t pretty to look at, but it’s funny how many people just love it all the same. When I was a kid, I actually preferred the leftovers. It made the best sandwiches and always seemed more moist and flavorful after a night in the fridge.
Serves 4 (2 slices per serving)
- 1 cup old fashioned oat (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup non-fat, skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 5-ounce package mushrooms, button or cremini, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons ketchup or BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven 350° F. Place oats into large bowl and soak with milk and soy sauce, stirring well and resting for 15 minutes on the counter top. Add the turkey, mushrooms, and garlic, and mix well.
- Smooth meat mixture into a 1-pound loaf pan. Top with ketchup or BBQ sauce and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the meatloaf is no longer pink in the center, test by inserting a knife. Rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (2 slices): 307 calories, 29 g protein, 22 g carbohydrates, 10 g fat (2 g saturated), 126 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 375 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 7
Wine Pairing: Pinot Noir, Rioja