Sweet, salty, and spicy, this pineapple salsa is a great way to dress up any plain-jane dish.
If you prefer more heat in your salsa, you can add one chopped jalapeño or go totally atomic with one small habanero.
Makes 2 cups of salsa
- 1 cup cubed pineapple, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper or poblano chili, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- zest and juice of one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 4 cups whole grain tortilla chips
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss well to combine. Store in an air-tight container, refrigerated, for up to 1 week.
Per Serving (1/2 cup salsa with 1 cup chips): 171 calories. 2 g protein, 26 g carbohydrates, 7 g fat (0.5 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber, 222 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 4