Salmon is an easy fish to enjoy and most kids love the taste!
Try to find wild salmon to be sure you’re getting the omega-3′s for heart health and to help improve your mood. If you prefer the traditional version of this dish, replace the salmon with a fresh tuna steak.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 2 small shallots, peeled, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Ingredients for Salmon
- 1 tablespoon crush coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon crush black pepper corns
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds, skinless, boneless salmon fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound mixed greens or baby spinach
- In a mini-chopper or blender, mix all the ingredients for the dressing until well blended. Set aside.
- On a sheet of wax or parchment paper, mix the coriander, pepper, and flour. Sprinkle the salmon with salt.
- Dip both sides of the salmon in the coriander mixture. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Add the salon. Cook 5 to 6 minutes per side, until the coating is crispy. Remove salmon from skillet and slice against the grain.
- In a large bowl, toss the dressing with the greens and spread out on a platter. Transfer the fish on top and serve immediately.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (1/4 pound salmon and salad): 226 calories, 21 g protein, 5 g carbohydrates, 12 g fat (1 g saturated), 36mg cholesterol, 2g fiber, 507 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 5