Kids love fries, and so do I! Sweet potatoes make a perfect food for kids since they are high in vitamin A and have a super-sweet taste. They’re also great for grown-ups as a healthy way to satisfy our inner little fry monster.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, about 2 pounds, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Non-fat cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into long matchsticks about 1/4-inch in thickness. Place in a large bowl and mix with olive oil and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Spread out the fries in one even layer on the cookie sheet, so they are not touching, (otherwise they will become soggy).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the fries are golden on the outside and soft on the inside. Sprinkle with Parmesan, rosemary, black pepper, and paprika. Bake an additional 5 minutes until the rosemary becomes fragrant. Season with additional salt if needed and serve immediately.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (6 ounces sweet potato fries): 244 calories, 5 g protein, 47 g carbohydrates, 4 g fat (0 g saturated), 2 mg cholesterol, 7 g fiber, 217 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 6