Paula from Conneticut wrote in this week asking for multiple ways to cook broccoli, one of my favorite super-charged vitamin-packed veggies! Broccoli has been touted as a superfood, and for good reason. Broccoli is available year round and is a staple in my fridge. I love it because it’s versatile and I know that most of my dinner guests and their kids just love it.
1 Cup of Broccoli Contains:
- only 30 calories
- 205% of your daily value of vitamin C
- 194% of Vitamin K
- 2.5 grams of fiber
Quick and Delicious Ways to Cook Broccoli
- Saute garlic and red chili flakes in a bit of olive oil. Add broccoli florets and a bit of chicken broth. Cover and let steam 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Serve steamed broccoli with a delicious pre-made dipping sauce like Hoboken Eddie’s BBQ Sauce, a Spicy Roasted Peanut Sauce from Charlie Trotter, or an Authentic Mexican Salsa.
- Saute broccoli florets with a bit of olive oil until tender crisp. Top with grated parmesan, lemon zest, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour warm marinara over steamed broccoli. Top with part skim mozzarella cheese.