Ever wonder how actors get fit and how they maintain their weight in between roles? Take a trip with me to the Royal Theater in New York City.
I have a birthday surprise for my friend Chad Carpenter who is preparing for his next role. Will he be able to resist my extra “rich” Devil’s Food Cake that I just baked for him?
- Never ignore cravings, just find the healthier solution like choosing whole grains
- Make it lean whenever possible – if you have to have that burger choose turkey or lean ground beef
- Skip the mayo and use mustard instead
- Figure out when your snacking “danger zone” is and have a healthier snack ready in your fridge
- Skinny-fy your favorite dish, figure out how to make it healthier
- Marinate it with low-fat ingredients, like 1% buttermilk, to make it tasty and tender
- Bake it instead of frying – it could mean inches off your waistline
Recipes Covered in Segment
- Healthy Buttermilk Chicken Fingers
- Devil’s Food Cake with Chocolate Sour Cream Icing
- Sweet Potato Fries
Did you know that the tea many celebrities drink to detox and stay fit is easy to make at home? The idea of a “master cleanse”, as Hollywood has come to call it, may seem like some new-age fad, but it’s actually been around for hundreds of years. While I don’t recommend fasting, drinking this tea can certainly curb cravings. When I make mine at home, I substitute agave for the maple syrup. When you feel the onset of a snack attack, it’s always a good idea to reach for a drink, such as soothing tea. Not only will the agni tea help to hydrate and satiate you, but it will also help to keep your waistline in check.
Traditional Agni Tea
1 quart water
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/2 cup chopped ginger root
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Juice of ½ lime or lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
2 tablespoons sweetener, such as agave, maple syrup or honey
Bring water, pepper, ginger and salt to a boil. Boil for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and strain. Add the lemon or lime juice and the sweetener. Do not boil the juice or sweetener.