In the fall, most moms are busy playing the chauffeur and family planner. By the time dinner comes around — if it didn’t already happen in the car ride between soccer practices — putting a truly healthy, home-cooked meal on the table is nearly impossible.
Sure, we can run to Google or Pinterest and pull some recipes. But, what better way to get new recipes than from fellow moms?! That’s why I’m passing this along from my friends at Skinny Mom, they want to hear from all the crock pot mamas and slow cooker connoisseurs! They want real recipes from real people. Let’s share some great slow cooker meals to fit everyone’s fast paced life!
Here’s How It Works
- Every day during the month of October, Skinny Mom will be featuring YOUR slow cooker dinner recipes! A form will be made available for you to submit all information for the recipe, including an original photo of the recipe. After the submission process has been closed, the Skinny Mom team will select 20 winning recipes that will be published on their site from October 1-20.
- On October 21, they turn the contest over to the readers to vote for their Top 8 recipes. Voting opens October 21 and closes on October 31, and all votes will be submitted on SkinnyMom.com. Those lucky 8 will be featured in a downloadable cookbook available to all Skinny Mom readers. The Top 3 will receive a fab prize pack.
- The Skinny Mom Team will choose the top entrant who will win “the pot.” The winner will be notified and announced the first week of November.
- The only real requirement is that the dish must be a healthy dinner. Healthy is very objective — each person has unique dietary needs and restrictions. We want to hear what healthy means to you when you submit the recipe!
- However, for this particular contest, they will have a general guideline that the dinner crock pot recipe should be under 600 calories per serving. After calculating the recipe nutrition, if we find the recipe is over 600 calories, it will be eliminated from the contest.
There IS a visual element to this contest! We will be judging the recipes based on picture quality, presentation, taste and the nutritional guidelines (calories per serving stated above). We have tons of tips to help you get that award winning foodie shot, so don’t sweat it!
Do you think your cooking and photography skills have what it takes?!
Check out the rules, regulations and submission form here! Submissions are open from September 9-September 24 @ 11:59 p.m. EST.