Low in fat but high in cocoa powder, this bittersweet chocolate sorbet is for true chocolate lovers only.
The spices blossom along side the chocolate richness and make this icy treat totally unique. Spread it between two low-fat grahams to make a grown-up ice cream sandwich.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds or "http://skinnychef.com/blog/goji-berries" target="_blank">goji berries
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients except almonds. Bring to a boil then simmer 2 to 3 minutes stirring occasionally until the mixture is smooth and thick. Cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or more, stores for up to 3 weeks in an airtight container in the freezer. Sprinkle with almonds before serving.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (1/2 cup): 137 calories, 2 g protein, 32 g carbohydrates, 2 g fat (0 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 3 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 4
Wine Pairing: Sangria