Ever tasted a Chinese Gooseberry? If you enjoy kiwis you have.
Whatever you call ‘em, these hairy monsters are packing major vitamin C! A potent antioxidant, vitamin C helps to protect the skin against wind and sun damage and can be an ally in the fight against skin cancer. Perfect for your travel cup this summer.
- 1 large English cucumber or 2 regular cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1/2 Vidalia or red onion, (about 1/2 cup), chopped
- 4 kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 1 small Holland red pepper or jalapeno, seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper to taste
- handful of celery leaves
- Place all the ingredients (except for the tomatoes and celery leaves) in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and fold in tomatoes. Serve at room temperature or chill and garnish with celery leaves.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (1 cup): 96 calories, 1 g protein, 7g carbohydrates, 7 g fat (0 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 167 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 2
Make It A Meal: Serve with Israeli Chicken Cutlet