Shrimp add flavor and low-fat protein to this easy veggie side dish.
It’s a fast way to use up the best a summer vegetable garden has to offer. Enjoy a slice of cornbread or toast some whole wheat pita to make it a main course for two.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled, tails removed
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 pound baby spinach, chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced or chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives or basil, chopped
- Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper. Warm a large skillet over high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the oil. Carefully add the shrimp and corn to the pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the shrimp turns pink and is no longer translucent in the center and the corn is lightly browned.
- Place spinach on top and cover. Cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes until the spinach wilts. Toss with the tomatoes, lemon zest, juice, and mustard. Sprinkle with herbs and serve immediately.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (2 cups): 270 calories, 28 g protein, 20 g carbohydrates, 9 g fat (1 g saturated), 20 mg cholesterol, 6 g fiber, 417 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 7
Wine Pairing: Riesling or Sauvignon Blanc