Peanut butter and banana go great together.
With that in mind, I created this banana bread that uses protein-rich peanut butter in place of butter or margarine.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana
- 1/3 cup non-fat yogurt
- 1 2/3 cup "white" whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven 350° F. Grease and flour a 1-pound loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and peanut butter until fluffy. Beat in eggs on slow speed until blended then add bananas and yogurt. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until just combined then pour into loaf pan. Bake 55 to 60 minutes until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes and remove to cooling rack. Wrap tightly in wax paper and then in a layer of aluminum foil. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (1 1-inch slice): 247 calories. 8 g protein, 36 g carbohydrates, 9 g fat (2 g saturated), 1 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber, 222 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 7
Rose, Pinot Noir