This cucumber salad gets its name from the apple cider vinegar.
It lends a sweet and sour tang to this dish that reminds me of fresh pickles. Cucumber salad also makes a great topping for your turkey burger or salmon cakes in place of pickle relish.
- 1 large English cucumber or 4 small Persian cucumbers, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider or rice wine vinegar 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint or basil 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Spread cucumbers out in a colander, sprinkle with salt and rest for 20 to 25 minutes. Squeeze cucumbers gently to remove any excess water and place on paper towel.
- In a large bowl, toss cucumbers with shallot, vinegar, olive oil and mint or basil. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (1 cup with sugar): 96 calories, 1g protein, 7g carbohydrates, 7g fat (0 g saturated), 0mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber,167 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 2