Rice pudding is a world famous dessert and almost every culture has their version.
I add coconut milk to mine for creaminess, but the core flavor of this pudding is vanilla. Even people who aren’t coconut fans still dig in.
- 3 cups non-fat, skim milk
- 1 cup canned light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup long grain brown rice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan bring the milk, coconut milk, and cinnamon to a near boil. Stir in the rice and cover. Reduce the heat and simmer, 45 minutes to an hour, stirring often until the rice is tender and most of liquid is absorbed. Stir in the sugar and vanilla and serve warm or cool completely before refrigerating in an air-tight container for up to one week.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (1 cup): 189 calories, 5 g protein, 27 g carbohydrates, 4g fat (3 g saturated), 2 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 55 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 4