Sweet and tangy poppy seed dressing works with any salad but is especially good with summer ripe strawberries and nutrient-packed spinach. Ideal for an outdoor summer or late spring brunch.
Spinach makes this dish a superfood meal, with plenty of fresh flavor and a huge hit of nutrition.
- 1/4 cup low fat yogurt, preferably Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, quartered
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Prepare the dressing. Place yogurt, zest, lemon, sugar or sugar substitute, poppy seeds, and salt, in a mini chopper. Blend until well combined.
- Place spinach and strawberries in a large bowl and toss with dressing. Sprinkle with almonds and serve immediately.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (1/3 pound salad): 118 calories, 4g protein, 15g carbohydrates, 5g fat (0 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 5g fiber, 99 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 3