The combo of heat and sweet says summer to me. Cantaloupe sweetens this perky tomato salsa flavored with hot green chilies. And if you’re not a fan of the heat, just omit or reduce the amount of chili.
And as for most tomato salsas, even beginning cooks can hit it out of the park with these easy yet delicious summer dishes, kicking it up with cantaloupe for one of Summer’s best calorie-friendly dishes.
- 4 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chopped cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 fresh Serrano or Jalapeño chilies, seeded, minced
- Juice of one or two fresh limes, (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir to combine and serve immediately.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (1/2 cup): 30 calories, 1 g protein, 7 g carbohydrates, 0 g fat (0 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 2g fiber, 81 mg sodium
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 1