I’m always looking for a quick, protein-packed lunch when I’m on the run.
Skip your office or school cafeteria food and stuff this healthy salad in a whole wheat pita and add sprouts. The addition of yogurt doesn’t just cut back on fat, it also adds beneficial bacteria that can help boost immunity.
- 1 5-ounce can light tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/4 cup of non-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 stalk of celery, peeled and diced finely
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 hard boiled egg white only, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne chili
- 2 whole wheat pita breads
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients. Chill and serve on rye or pumpernickel.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 sandwich): 326 calories, 27 g protein, 39 g carbohydrates, 6g fat (0 g saturated), 25mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 825 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 8