Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food is filled with traditional recipes that kids love, except they’re stealthily packed with veggies so kids don’t even know!
With the help of nutritionist Joy Bauer and professional chef Jennifer Iserloh, Jessica Seinfeld has developed a month’s worth of meals for kids of all ages that includes, for example, pureed cauliflower in mac and cheese, and carrot in spaghetti and meatballs.
She also provides revealing and humorous personal anecdotes, tear-out shopping guides to help parents zoom through the supermarket, and tips on how to deal with the kid that “must have” the latest sugar bomb cereal.
Browse Kid-Friendly Recipes
Related Reading on SkinnyChef.com
- Skip the Take-out and Cook-in: Healthy Homemade Foods – In Family First, CBS’s Cindy Hsu introduces Skinny Chef Jennifer Iserloh and her tips for families who rely on take-out but want to get back to kitchen basics for children’s health. Segment aired on Thursday, April 19, 2007 on New York’s CBS2 News.
- Baking 500 Chocolate Chip Cookies – Preparing cookies for the book’s tradeshow
- What Causes Children to Become Overweight? – As a professional chef who has cooked for children, many moms and dads ask me about childhood weight gain and obesity. They want to know how to prevent the unhealthy eating habits that could cause their children to become overweight.
- Back to School Lunches – When it was time for her to start school, I packed her lunch with all the things I thought she loved. But when the lunchbox came back, I was surprised and disappointed when the lunch box came back, most of the food uneaten. Why?
- What are fats? – Alright kids, fat is not evil, although some types of fat can be harmful to your health. So why all the hubbub about trans-fat and saturated fat?
- About Skinny Chef Jennifer Iserloh – The Skinny Chef, Jennifer Iserloh, fought her own battle with the bulge. Now she wants to arm Americans with the knowledge to make healthy food choices. A private chef, Jennifer has helped celebrities and their families stay fit with her easy food philosophy. She believes a few simple changes in diet can result in dramatic changes in overall health. Most importantly, Americans don’t have to sacrifice taste to lose weight. The Skinny Chef’s mission is simple: change the way Americans eat, one household at a time.