Frozen cherries are a great fruit to keep on hand for snacks and quick desserts! Ideal for smoothies, cherries are naturally sweet, the frozen whole black cherries are fairly inexpensive, and store for months in your freezer. If you use fresh cherries, chill before serving.
- 1 cup frozen or fresh pitted cherries
- 1 cup non-fat, plain yogurt
- 8 ice cubes
- 1/4 cup toasted whole almonds
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- In a blender or food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (2 cups): 273 calories. 12 g protein, 31 g carbohydrates, 12 g fat (1 g saturated), 2 mg cholesterol, 5 g fiber, 96 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus: 7