Peanut butter and pumpkin are rich tasting combo, and these cookies taste better the next day and day after. After they cool store on your counter top, in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Makes 40 cookies
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour, plus 1/4 cup
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- non-stick cooking spray
- In a medium bowl or zipper lock bag, mix the 3 cups of whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat peanut butter, canned pumpkin, butter, and brown sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and well combined. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture with a wooden spoon until just combined. Refrigerate at least two hour, to allow the dough to firm or refrigerate over night.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Sprinkle the counter with the remaining 1/4 cup of flour and roll the dough out. Use a cookie cutter to cut out your shapes. Transfer to the baking sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes until the pumpkins begin to firm on top but are still soft to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely before storing in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (1 cookie): 109 calories, 4 g protein, 14 g carbohydrates, 4 g fat (1g saturated), 12 mg cholesterol, .6 g fiber, 3g sugars, 112 mg sodium
Weight Watchers® Points Plus:3
Make It A Meal:
Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Rioja