Zucchini is such a tender vegetable, you can enjoy it without even having to turn on your stove. Eat it raw during the summer, when zucchini is at its peak.
If you want to make this ahead of time, combine all the ingredients, but save the ricotta and fresh herbs to use right before you serve it.
- 1 pound zucchini, (about 2 large or 3 medium)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh part skim ricotta
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves or basil
- Place the zucchini slices in a large colander and sprinkle with salt. Rest 30-40 minutes until the water beads appear on the zucchini. Turn the zucchini out onto paper towels or dish towels and pat dry.
- Transfer to a large bowl with zest, juice, oil, and pumpkin seeds. Toss and spoon onto a large plate or platter. Spoon over ricotta and sprinkle with tarragon or basil. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (2 cups): 108 calories, 5g protein, 11 g carbohydrates, 7 g fat (1 g saturated), 4 mg cholesterol, 3g fiber, 176 mg sodium.
Weight Watchers® Points Plus:3